Fred Luter and Frank Page talk about the SBC today:
In this video:
- A celebration of the SBC having an African-American President
- A challenge for non-white churches/pastors to support the SBC with presence and CP giving
- The happy recognition that the face of the SBC is changing, with about 10,000 non-white churches
- The observation that the SBC is not a “closed society” we are very open and welcoming to ALL
- They talk about the vital nature and importance of the Cooperative Program for SBC life
- The top three priorities of the SBC are (1) International Missions, (2) Church Planting, and (3) Theological Education
- Frank Page describes, and Fred Luter affirms, the 1% challenge. Every SBC church to increase CP giving by 1% of their total budget
- The thing we need to be focused on is Evangelism and Baptism. Baptisms have been down, but are coming back up. The pastor of every church is the key.
I respect both these men greatly, I am very proud to be a Southern Baptist today!